GoodSpace Murals promotes community development through the creation of works of art. We are muralists who:
- use art to promote community development and share the unique expression and interests of a community; reclaiming the stories and identity within public spaces
- involve the community through socially relevant themes of inclusion + shared interest
- teach a high quality process of fine-art making in the creation of a community mural
- use the process of making a mural to teach about the significance of free expression and the power of the visual voice!
We provide the following services:
Large-scale, exterior or interior paint and/or mosaic murals
Small-scale, exterior or interior paint and/or mosaic murals
Community collaborated creation processes
Guidance on processes to connect communities through artistic creation
Arts consulting and evaluation
Private commissions- home, office or business
- Interwoven and Emergence, Augsburg College, Minneapolis, MN. Lead Artist Greta McLain.
- Creative CityMaking ReCast Program artist team, Hennepin County, MN, 2017-18. Team: Candida Gonzalez and Greta McLain.
- La Academia Dual Immersion School Arts Residency, Chaska, MN. Lead Artist Greta McLain.
- Minnehaha Mosaics, in collaboration with Lori Greene, Minneapolis, MN. Lead Artists Greta McLain and Lori Greene of Mosaic on a Stick.
- Lake Street Council Artist Organizer Team, Minneapolis, MN, 2017-18. Team: Candida Gonzalez and Greta McLain.
- Little Earth Mosaic Project, in collaboration with the Little Earth Youth Development Center, the Minneapolis American Indian Center, and Natchez Beaulieu. Minneapolis, MN 2017.
- Urban Roots Mural- Phoenix Market. In collaboration with Urban Roots Youth Council. East side Saint Paul, MN, 2017-18.
- Lanesboro Arts Mural, Lanesboro, MN, 2017. Lead Artists Samie Johnson and Natalie Klemond.
- Reflected in Our Flight, Eagan Parking Garage. Eagan, MN, 2017. Lead artist Greta McLain.
- Minneapolis Monarch Festival mosaic activity, 2017. Lead Artist Clau Valentino.
- A New Constellation, The John & Denise Graves Foundation, Minneapolis, MN, 2017. Lead Artist Greta McLain.
- I Am a Water Protector, Northern Spark 2017, in collaboration with MN350 and Indigenous Roots, Minneapolis, MN on June 10th, 2017- check out more here!
- Esta Tierra es Para Ti y Para Mi, Advocates For Detainee Voices, University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, WA, 2017. Lead Artist Greta McLain.
- CUHCC Lobby Community Mural, Community University Health Care Clinic, Minneapolis, MN, 2017. Lead Artist Greta McLain.
- Hennepin County Medical Center Mural, Minneapolis, MN, 2017. Lead Artist Greta McLain.
- Love, Resistance and Revolution- A Community Festival, Arts coordination by Candida Gonzalez, Minneapolis, MN, 2016
- Amplify Student Voices, Student Engagement and Advancement Board, Saint Paul Public Schools, MN, 2016. Lead Artist Greta McLain.
- Roosevelt High School Stands With Standing Rock banner, Greta McLain in collaboration with RHS student Lauren MacKenzie, Minneapolis, MN 2016
- Lyndale Neighborhood Association Gateway Mural, Minneapolis, MN, 2016. Lead Artist Greta McLain.
- Mississippi Creative Arts Elementary residency, Saint Paul, MN, 2016
- Richfield Artist Resident Engagement Program (RARE), Lyndale Gardens Mosaic Amphitheater, Minneapolis, MN, 2016 (Installation in Spring 2017)
- Normandy Inn Mural, Minneapolis, MN, 2016. Lead Artist Greta McLain.
- Lyndale Mural Project, Lyndale Community School/ Lyndale Neighborhood Association, Minneapolis, MN, 2016
- Day of Action Through Art. In response to the killing of Philando Castile and in partnership with Lori Greene and Josh Sarantitis at JJ Hill Elementary School, Saint Paul, MN, 2016
- Connections Mural, Folwell Performing Arts Magnet, Minneapolis, MN, 2015
- Braided, Midway Neighborhood, Saint Paul, MN, 2015
- Knollwood Mall Public Art Sculpture, Knollwood Mall, St. Louis Park, MN, 2015
- The Rainbow Mural/Sing a Song of Uptown, Uptown, Minneapolis, MN , 2015
- The Roosevelt Arts Wing Mural, Roosevelt High School, Minneapolis, MN, 2015
- The Learner Project, Roosevelt High School, Minneapolis, MN, 2014
- Where We Meet, Metro Transit Light Rail Bridge, Franklin Ave. Minneapolis, MN, 2014
- CUHCC Community Mural; Celebrating Health, Here. Community University Health Care Clinic, Minneapolis, MN, 2014
- The Phillip’s Neighborhood Gateway Mural-Juntos Crecemos, La Mexicana Grocery, Min-
neapolis, MN, 2013/14. A Semilla Center Project, Greta McLain, lead artist.
- Central Identity Project, Central Neighborhood/ Green Central Community School, Minneapolis, MN, 2013
- We Shine, Green Central Community School, Minneapolis, MN, 2012/13- in collaboration with Jeremiah Bey
- Constellations, Birch Lake Elementary School, White Bear Lake, MN, 2012
- Of Being; Seven Studies in Artistic Voice: Mozaic Parking Garage Murals, Uptown, Min-
neapolis, MN, 2011/2012
- At the Bend of the Redwood, Marshall Area Fine Arts Council. Marshall, MN, 2011- In collaboration with Joshua Sarantitis
Media and Press
Additional Video- The Central Identity Project, 2013
"Twin Cities entrepreneurs share secrets on how to get beyond survival", Minneapolis Star and Tribune